- Matlab 2016b is now available (26 Sep 2016) The latest version of Matlab is now available. All department-owned Windows and Linux PCs will get the update automatically. For Mac users and privately-owned computers, see this page for the installation/upgrade instructions. Print PDF
- [UIS]Coming soon: preferential prices for Dropbox Business for staff and students (05 Aug 2016) From UIS: ——————————————————————————– University Information Services (UIS) has negotiated a 50% discounted rate for Dropbox Business accounts*. This service will be available for all students and staff in August 2016. * versus current Dropbox Business pricing of £132.00 inclusive of VAT per user per year. Dropbox Business is provided in addition to OneDrive for Business, which is already ...
- Department VPN – Certificate Update (01 Jul 2016) This update is only necessary if you installed OpenVPN before 1 July 2016. The new certificate is available here. Linux Download the certificate. In a terminal, move to the folder where you have downloaded the certificate. Type the following command. When prompted, give your password. sudo cp cacerts.pem /etc/openvpn/ If you have already started OpenVPN, restart it. Mac Download the certificate. In Terminal, move to ...
- Thunderbird: Adding signatures (12 Jan 2017) Visit the Mozilla website for instructions on how to create signatures in Thunderbird. Print PDF
- Hermes: Adding Signatures (12 Jan 2017) Note: This will only create a signature in Hermes. You will need to create a separate signature if you are using Thunderbird. In Hermes, to the right of the screen, click Settings On the left of the screen, click Identities Select your name The Edit Identity window opens, and you will find your Signature there. Print PDF
- Museum: Brighton Building copier/printer manually (10 Jan 2017) If you want to connect to the Landing photocopier printer, please do the following: Click Start and in the Search box, type cmd (this will list the CMD Command Prompt) Right-click cmd, then select Run as Administrator…. In the cmd prompt window, type the following: \\info\packages\printers\add_min252-bb.bat This will run a batch script installing the printer. When the cursor returns: REM ...
- Project List 2016 (03 Aug 2016) Project List 2016 (Summary) View the latest Windows 10 project Plan (1 Dec 2016) Print PDF